Crockett National Bank will never email or text message you for personal account information. If you gave your card information, immediately call the bank, (325) 658-6714, or (800) 588-6714.
Identity Theft Tips
Identity Theft continues to be among the nation's fastest-growing types of fraud, impacting millions of people each year. Crockett National Bank is committed to helping our customers protect their personal information with these tips:
- Don't carry your Social Security number, memorize it and keep the card at home.
- Begin receiving electronic statements and bills. If you do receive them by mail, watch for their timely arrival.
- Mail your bills inside the post office rather than using a mailbox near the street.
- Don't share your account numbers over the phone or anywhere others can hear you.
- Keep your eye on your credit card at all times while making purchases.
- Keep track of all credit card receipts and shred any you do not need.
- Shred any unneeded documents that contain bar codes, account numbers or other sensitive data.
Debit Card Security Tips:
- Always keep your card in a safe and secure place. Treat it as you would cash or checks.
- Do not send your card number through email, as it is typically not secure.
- Do not give out your card number over the phone unless you initiated the call.
- Regularly review your account statements as soon as you receive them to verify transactions.
- If you have forgotten your PIN or would like to select a new one, please call 1-800-992-3808.
- When selecting a PIN, don’t use a number or word that appears in your wallet, such as name, birth date, or phone number.
- Ensure no one sees your PIN when you enter it. Memorize your PIN. Don’t write it down anywhere, especially on your card, and never share it with anyone.
- Cancel and cut up unused credit and other cards. If you receive a replacement card, destroy your old card.
- Shop with merchants you know and trust.
- Make sure any internet purchase is secured with encryption to protect your account information. Look for secure transaction symbols such as a lock symbol in the lower right-hand corner of your web browser, or “https://…” in the address bar of the website. The “s” indicates "secured" and means the web page uses encryption.
- Always log off from any website after a purchase transaction is made with your credit or debit card. If you cannot log off, shut down your browser to prevent unauthorized access to your account information.
- Safe-keep or securely dispose of your transaction receipts.
Received an unusual check in the mail? If you can say "YES" to any of the following question, you could be a victim of a scam!
- Is the check you received for an item sold on the Internet ?
- Was the check payable for more than the item sold?
- Did the check arrive by express mail?
- Is the check drawn on an account with a different name than the person who purchased your item?
- Did you receive something saying you're the winner of a lottery that you did not enter?
- Did the check come with instructions to wire the funds to a foreign country or large U.S. city?
- Are you receiving a percentage of the check for cashing it?
- Have you been asked to confirm or provide account information?
Crockett National Bank's number one priority is the security of our customers' information. If you ever feel your personal information has been compromised, contact the bank immediately at (325) 658-6714 or (800) 588-6714.